The Code and Control Robotic T-Rex is a STEM kit that lets kids build, code, and control their own robotic T-Rex pet. It’s a great way for kids to learn about robotics, coding, and engineering while having fun with a cool toy.
The kit comes with over 100 pieces, including a screwdriver for assembly, stickers for decorating, and a detailed manual. Kids can follow the instructions to build the T-Rex, which features two motors, a flexible tail, and infrared sensors. Once the T-Rex is built, kids can use the wireless unit to control it in real time or write and save sequences of commands that it will perform at the push of a button.
The T-Rex can move in all directions, light up its eyes, chow down food, and play sounds. It can also be put into guardian mode, where it will use its infrared sensors to identify intruders and unleash a ferocious roar.
Building and coding the Code and Control Robotic T-Rex is a great way for kids to learn about STEM concepts such as:
Kids will also develop problem-solving, critical thinking, and creativity skills as they work to build and control their T-Rex.
Here are some specific examples of how the Code and Control Robotic T-Rex can be used to teach STEM concepts:
- Mechanics: Kids can learn about the different mechanical components that make up the T-Rex, such as the motors, gears, and servos. They can also learn about how these components work together to allow the T-Rex to move.
- Electronics: Kids can learn about the different electronic components that make up the T-Rex, such as the microcontroller, sensors, and LEDs. They can also learn about how these components work together to allow the T-Rex to interact with its environment.
- Programming: Kids can learn about the basics of programming by writing code to control the T-Rex’s movements, sounds, and lights. They can also learn about more advanced programming concepts such as loops, conditional statements, and functions.
- Engineering: Kids can learn about the engineering design process by designing and building their own robotic T-Rex. They will also learn about the importance of testing and debugging their designs.
Overall, the Code and Control Robotic T-Rex is a great STEM kit for kids of all ages. It’s a fun and challenging way for kids to learn about robotics, coding, and engineering.
Here are some additional ideas for how to use the Code and Control Robotic T-Rex in the classroom or at home:
- Have students design and build their own T-Rex obstacle course. Then, have them code their T-Rex to navigate the course autonomously.
- Have students work together to design and build a team of robotic dinosaurs. Then, have them code their dinosaurs to work together to perform a task, such as building a structure or playing a game.
- Have students research real-world applications of robotics and engineering. Then, have them use the Code and Control Robotic T-Rex to create a robot that can perform one of these tasks.
The Code and Control Robotic T-Rex is a versatile STEM kit that can be used to teach a variety of concepts. It’s a great way to get kids excited about STEM and to help them develop the skills they need to succeed in the 21st century workforce.